Hello and welcome to my blog!
Whether you are a well attuned sportsman/woman, or a total novice, this site will inspire you to take a trip to the beach, with all things associated with the water!
- watersports tips from beginner to intermediate abilities
- the latest equipment reviews
- watersports fashion – featuring top brands and styles
- photography features to inspire your love for
- step-by-step guides to DIY surf fashion
- articles about the Devon and Cornwall coasts and best wind/surf beaches
- monthly Vlogs from locations along the coast, and opinion pieces/interviews
I will also be in touch with big brands as well as charities such as Rip Curl Europe, and Surfers Against Sewage to ensure this blog gives you the latest rad updates!
So you’re probably wondering who I am!
I’m a 20-year-old, first year Journalism Student at Falmouth University. My passions are watersports; travel; photography; music (of all genres ranging from indie/folk, to reggae, to alt-rock); and reading novels and fellow surf mags.
I come from Exmouth, Devon, where I am a Watersports Instructor for a great company called Red Rock Leisure! http://www.exmouthwatersports.co.uk. I have been windsurfing for 7 years, and teaching for 3 and a half years. I have taught windsurfing, paddle boarding, and kayaking to people of all ages and abilities, individuals and school groups; as well as dabbling in a bit of surfing here and there too when the waves prevail!
In college, as well as studying languages and English, I studied print-based-media, where I learned how to design a magazine of my own. Mine was a watersports, fashion, and lifestyle mag called Shaka – with very similar content to this blog.
I’d love to share my passion for watersports and the ocean with you, and hope you will learn to enjoy it as much as I do.
Unleash your love for the water!